IQOS tobacco heating system vs. E-cigarettes – what is the difference?
IQOS tobacco heating system and e-cigarettes are both smoke-free alternatives to cigarettes for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
Both are electronic devices, and do not generate smoke like cigarettes. But there is one feature that distinguishes IQOS tobacco heating system from e-cigarettes: Contrary to vaporizing an e-liquid, IQOS heats real tobacco, producing tobacco vapor. IQOS tobacco heating system uses HEETS tobacco sticks that have real tobacco which is carefully selected, finely ground and compressed to ensure consistency in the taste delivery and satisfaction.
What are e-cigarettes?
E-cigarettes are electronic hand-held devices that are smoke-free alternative to cigarettes. In general, they are powered by a battery and heat e-liquids in order to generate an aerosol or what some users call vapor. The e-liquids may have various flavors and may contain nicotine.
How do E-Cigarettes work?
There are many types of e-cigarettes. They differ in size, power, customization options, and even their ability to be reusable or disposable. However, most of them work on the same principle and with similar components.
E-cigarettes heat and vaporize e-liquids in a wide range of temperature from 100 ⁰C – 250 ⁰C. They achieve this by drawing the liquid from a tank and putting it in contact with a battery powered heating element. When the liquid is evaporated it is drawn from the device thorough a mouthpiece.
- The battery – The energy source for the whole device. In most cases it is rechargeable and provides power to the heating element and electronic components.
- The tank – The container that is used to store the liquid until It Is taken to the heating element or chamber. Some e-cigarettes use capsules or pods that are disposable.
- The e-liquid – The mixture that is vaporized inside the e-cigarette. While there are many variants of the liquids, they usually contain propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine, flavorings and various additives.
- The heater – The set of components that draw the liquid toward the heating element and heat to vaporize. Most e-cigarettes use a “wick and coil” system. The wick naturally soaks the liquid and puts It In contact with the metal coil which is the part that heats.
- The sensors and electric components – Control the heating and operation of the device. They range from simple push to activate buttons, LEDs, battery Indicators or to advanced flow sensors. The mouthpiece – The chamber or channel where the vaporized liquid drawn from the device.
Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether. While not risk free, e-cigarette is a smoke-free alternative for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
KT&G’s e-cig command in Korea widens to fresh record high of 40.7% by Sept
Employees bullied or fired for vaping at work, study claims
Build Back Better’s e-cigarette tax will make people smoke more Combustible cigarettes and e-cigarettes are what economists call ‘substitute goods.’ The proposed tax will push people toward the deadlier option.